Saturday, May 31, 2008

What I have been up to....

Corey's Blanket

Katelyn's Blanket

Well as you can see by the pictures I have been busy making more t-shirt blankets. It all started with Corey's...He asked me once I was done with mine if I would make him one. His isn't as big as mine but it is still pretty big. I wanted to have his finished for him for when he went into the hospital for his surgery but that didn't happen and he informed me that he wouldn't be able to take it with him so it all worked out. I had it all done and finished for when he got home from the hospital. He loves it and has been using it no-stop ever since he got it. When Corey had his surgery then my step-mom came to help him out and she brought with her some of Katelyn's(her daughter) t-shirt to make her a blanket for her graduation present. So we got working on that and I got it finished and mailed just in time for her to get it on her graduation day. She really likes hers as well and I am so happy. Hers is the same size as mine becuase we had a shirt that was pretty big and that we didn't want to cut up so we decided to make it be the size of 4 squares and put it in the middle. I think that it turned out great. Now I have one to do for Mike's Aunts friend and then when I am finished with that it will be on to one for Mike's Aunt. Then who knows who's I will be working on after that. I should just make this a business. :) Well the only other fun things that are going on here is that we only have about a month and a half left and I can't tell you how excited I am. I should probably start to pack but if I do that then I might have everything packed and not have stuff that we need. :) Well that is about all hope everyone is doing well.

2 comments:

PerryParty3 said...

Wow! You are wonderwoman! I think most normal people that quilt project would take a good half year, and you whip out three?! Truly amazing. :)

Ben and Jessica said...

Melinda those quilts look awesome! Ben's sister made him one when we got married and he uses it all the time up at the station. Hey.. on another totally random note. Can I have your recipe for no bake cookies? I've been craving the heck out of them! Ben and I were at the store the other day and it just hit me, I was like "oh man.. I NEED some of Melinda's no bake cookies!" lol. Anyway, I hope ya'll are doing well. It's almost time to come to Texas! Woohoo!